APPSC – Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission (AP PSC)
APPSC is a competitive exam conducted in Andhra Pradesh for recruiting candidates who are eligible for taking up positions in Civil Services category for State Administration. APPSC Group exam has three stages like Prelims, Mains and final round interview. The exam is conducted on a yearly basis, and the state government of Andhra Pradesh relies on APPSC for recruitment and other matters concerning recruitment. The APPSC Group exam can be applied online, as well. In this article, let us discuss the important details such as salaries, posts, eligibility and others. If you are interested in clearing the APPSC exam, then you should start the right preparations way. Read below and know how to prepare for the exams.
Applying for the APPSC exams
To apply for the APPSC exams, you have to visit the official site in any browser. When you visit the website’s homepage, you will get to know about the recent news, announcements regarding the upcoming exams as well. To apply for the exams, it is essential for the candidates to implement One time profile registration. Tap on the OTPR link available in the right side of APPSC homepage and when the page opens, tap on New Registration for Direct recruitment.
You have to provide information such as Aadhaar details, basic info like address, educational qualification and photo along with the signature. You might be asked to input other required information. Check out before clicking submits and ensure that you have provided the information correctly. You will get an OTPR reference ID, and it will be displayed on the screen. Using the reference ID, you can log in and furnish the details. Once you log in, tap on “Online Application submission” available in the bottom right corner of the APPSC homepage. You should then submit the cost by tapping on the payment link very next to the announcement that you are applying for. You will get see a preview of the data provided by you. Check cautiously and tap on submit. It is essential to continuously check the information you furnished to avoid errors. Complete the payment process by clicking submit and ensure that all the information are correct. You will also get the payment reference ID if the process is accomplished successfully.
Now, you have filled the form and save the form before printing the application receipt. You can use the receipt if it is required in future.
Know about the APPSC posts
There are numerous posts available for the candidates who pass Group I exams and here we have stacked all the information that you require for a proper understanding of the posts available.
- You can become a deputy collector under Andhra Pradesh civil Service and the salary will range from 40,000 to 90,000
- You can become an Assistant Commissioner under Andhra Pradesh Tax Service and the salary will range from 40,000 to 90,000
- You can become a Deputy Superintendent of Police under Andhra Pradesh Police Service, and the salary will range from 40,000 to 91,000
- You can become a Deputy Superintendent of Jails under Andhra Pradesh Jail Service, and the salary will range from 37,000 to 91,000
- You can become a District Fire Officer of Police under Andhra Pradesh Fire Service, and the salary will range from 37,000 to 90,000
- You can become an Assistant Treasury Officer under Andhra Pradesh Treasury and Accounts Service, and the salary will range from 37,000 to 87,000
- You can become a Regional transport officer under Andhra Pradesh Transport Service, and the salary will range from 37,000 to 90,000
- You can become an Excise Superintendent under Andhra Pradesh Excise Service and the salary will range from 35,000 to 87,000
- You can become a Mandal Parishad Development Officer under Andhra Pradesh Panchayat Raj and Rural Development Service and the salary will range from 35,000 to 87,000
- You can become a District Employment Officer under Andhra Pradesh Employment Exchange Service, and the salary will range from 35,000 to 87,000
- You can become a District Registrar under Andhra Pradesh Registration Service, and the salary will range from 37,000 to 91,000
- You can become a Deputy Registrar under Andhra Pradesh Cooperative Service, and the salary will range from 37000 to 91000
- You can become a District Tribal Welfare Officer under Andhra Pradesh Tribal Welfare Service and the salary will range from 37000 to 91000
- You can become a District Social Welfare Officer under Andhra Pradesh Social Service and the salary will range from 37000 to 91000
- You can become a District BC Welfare Officer under Andhra Pradesh BC Welfare Service and the salary will range from 37000 to 91000
- You can become a District Panchayat Officer under Andhra Pradesh Panchayat Raj and Rural Development Service and the salary will range from 37000 to 91000
- You can become a Municipal Commissioner under Andhra Pradesh Municipal Administration Service and the salary will range from 35000 to 87000
- You can become an Administrative Officer under Andhra Pradesh Medical and Health Service and the salary will range from 35000 to 87000
- You can become an Assistant Audit Officer under Andhra Pradesh State Audit Service, and the salary will range from 35000 to 87000
APPSC Group exam information
Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission conducts the APPSC exam every year in offline mode, and the main exam is conducted online. Candidates have to pay a sum of Rs.370 whereas the reserved category candidates can pay Rs.250. The candidates can choose either English or Telugu. The APPSC board conducts the exam to select eligible candidates for executive and non-executive posts as well. The test centres are spread across the state, and there are numerous post that can be obtained by the candidates.
Eligibility criteria for APPSC exam
- The candidates should be a citizen of India, and they should have a residence in Andhra Pradesh Domicile.
- The minimum age is 18, whereas the maximum age is forty two. However, it changes based on the positions available. The age relaxation is based on the category.
- For SC, ST and BC, there is five years of age relaxations. For physically challenged candidates, there is ten years of age relaxation, and for ex-servicemen, the age relaxation is up to three years along with the service period.
- For the state government employee, the maximum age relaxation is five years.
- The physical requirements also vary based on the posts available and the category as well.
- If you are in for District Fire Officers in Andhra Pradesh Fire Service, then you have to acquire the Engineering Degree (Fire). It is not mandatory to study this degree as an equivalent educational qualification is also considered exemplary.
- For the post of Assistant treasury in Andhra Pradesh Treasury and Accounts Service, the candidates require a Mathematics, Commerce or Economics degree from UGC affiliated university. Candidates should have a second class in two subjects to the minimum. The candidates could have pursued CA as well, and they are also eligible for the post.
- When it comes to District Social Welfare officer in Andhra Pradesh Social Welfare Service, a candidate is expected to have a graduate degree from Indian Universities recognized under central, state or Provincial Act.
APPSC Exam Pattern
Prelims Exam pattern
Paper I in Prelims exam has four subjects namely History and Culture, Social Justice, Constitution Policy and International relations, Geography, India and Andhra Pradesh Economy and Planning are the four subjects which require you to prepare well for the exams. To complete Paper I, you will have two hours and the marks are equally provided for the candidates.
Paper II Prelims exam has three subjects namely Science and Technologies, Current events of Regional, National, and International importance, General Mental Ability, Administrative and Psychological Abilities and you will get two hours for completing the exams. There will be 120 questions, and the total marks is also 120.
Mains exam pattern
Unlike Prelims, Mains exam is of descriptive type, and it is essential for the candidates to prepare accordingly. Two papers Telugu and English are qualifying in nature, and they have 150 marks each. Other papers like General Essay, History and Geography, Polity, Economy, Science and Technology have 150 marks each and the time duration for all the papers is 180 minutes.
The final interview has seventy-five marks and candidates should score more marks for the total of 825.
How to prepare for APPSC ?
If you want to clear the APPSC exams with high scores in the very first attempt, then it is essential for you to make use of the right strategy that will let you score more marks in the exams. The APPSC exam is very similar to UPSC exam so are the strategies. You can make use of the below given approach to prepare for the APPSC exams.
- For Preliminary exams, you have to select the subject with which you are going to initiate the learning process. It is essential for you to start with the right subject so that you can score more marks. A simple tip is that you can utilize is, start with the subject that you will be feeling comfortable to learn and ensure that it is based on your domain. Make use of the current affairs in the past one year to prepare for the APPSC examination. You have to read newspapers everyday and add one Telugu newspaper to know about the regional news regularly along with the English Newspaper. You can make use of papers like The Hindu for national and international affairs.
- When it comes to General Science preparations, the candidates can make use of the APSCERT textbooks that will let you know about General Science, Biology, Physics and Chemistry.
Frequently asked Question
Ques. How can I prepare for a group without coaching?
Ans. If you are ready to prepare for the APPSC exam, then you have to start with the right study materials. If you are not taking up any coaching for the preparations, you can go for study materials alone. Otherwise, make use of the online resources to learn well. Many online websites are providing free inputs for Government exam preparations and you can utilize those websites for better performance.
Ques. Is Appsc Group 2 tough?
Ans. It is not that tough for the candidates who are sincerely preparing for the exams and it is essential to make use of the online resources and quality time should be dedicated for the APPSC preparation.
Ques. Which book is best for Appsc general studies?
Ans. You can go for the books of renowned authors like Laxmikanth and Bipan Chandra. There are numerous books to refer but it is essential to stay focussed on one reliable material. Ensure that you don’t take much time in preparing for the exams by referring different resources.
Ques. How much hours should I spend for APPSC preparations?
Ans. It is essential for the candidates to dedicate most of the time in APPSC preparations and the candidates can complete the learning with reliable study materials. Once started, you should follow only one reliable suty material instead of procuring others. If you have completed the learning part, start with the revision part.
Ques. Should I go to coaching classes for APPSC exam preparations?
Ans. You can either stay at home and prepare for APPSC exams or take up coaching classes for better preparations. There are a few advantages in joining the APPSC coaching classes as it will be easier for the candidates to learn as per the guidance of top notch educators.
Best Coaching Institutes in Others-