RPSC Exam 2020 – RAS (Rajasthan Public Service Commission)
RPSC conducts competitive exams to recruit candidates for the available positions in the state Government and other subordinate services. Rajasthan Administrative Services is shortly called as RPSC RAS exam and the vacancies available are for Group A and Group B. There are several important details that you need to know about competitive exams.
RAS exams are very similar to IAS exams and students who are ready to take up the state Government exams should definitely read the below given information for a better understanding of the subjects and other important information. As said earlier, the RPSC is very similar and there are three stages namely Prelims, Mains and the final exams. The preliminary exam format of RPSC is quite different from UPSC prelims and there may be many differences.
The RAS exam for group A and group B is conducted by the Rajasthan public service exam and it is considered as one of the highly competitive exams due to the competition and preparations has to be strategic.
The new pattern of RAS exams
From the RAS mains exam, Maths has been removed and this modification was done in the year 2018. For the RAS exams, the preliminary exam is the first step and it is used as a screening test to filter out candidates for the next stage; eventually, it is the main exam.
The RAS preliminary exam pattern is quite different from the UPSC and there is only one paper in this exam pattern. The subjects include general knowledge and General Science and you will be provided 3 hours to complete 150 questions which are in multiple-choice questions. You can acquire the maximum marks of 200 while one-third of your marks will be deducted for wrong answers.
RAS Mains exam pattern is also different from the UPSC pattern and you will have to write four papers. The four papers in the mains exam are General Studies I, II, III general Hindi and general English. These subjects are descriptive types and the questions will vary from short medium and long answers.
The total mark is 200 and the questions will be wearing as per the question paper pattern. For short answer questions, the maximum word limit is 15 and you will acquire 2 marks per question while medium answers will require 50 words and you will be awarded 5 marks. For the long answer questions, you will be awarded 10 marks and the word limit is 100.
General Studies I paper will have 25 short questions, sixteen medium questions, and seven long questions which total 48 questions and the mark is 200. When it comes to general studies 2 paper, you will have 15 short questions 14 medium questions and 10 long questions which sums up 39 questions totally and the mark is 200.
RAS Eligibility Criteria
When it comes to eligibility criteria the conditions like age limit nationality and educational qualification are very important. Here we provide all the information that you require to know about the eligibility criteria of the Rajasthan public service commission exam.
RAS age limit
A candidate should be 21 years and above to appear for the RAS exam and the age limit is restricted to 40 years. However, this changes as per the relaxation provided to certain categories. You can know about the categories below. The age limit also changes for non-gazetted employees and the minimum age is 25 years and the maximum age is 45 years.
Age limit exemption for SC ST and OBC candidates is 5 years while female candidates have 10 years of age relaxation. The female candidates in the general category have 5 years of age relaxation, widow candidates do not have any upper age limit.
A person with a disability in the general category will have 10 years of age relaxation and the person belonging to the OBC category will acquire 13 years of age relaxation. The SC/ST candidates with disabilities will acquire 15 years of age relaxation.
The candidates are supposed to claim age relaxation in only one category and there is no mention of the number of attempt limitations in the RAS exam eligibility category so the candidate needs to meet the age criteria and post specific ability. Candidates should be an Indian citizen and those who don’t have Rajasthan as native will be considered as a general category.
The educational qualification is simple and a candidate must have completed graduation under any domain and a certificate from the university is essential. Candidates who have equal and qualifications from other educational institutes that abide by the act of parliament are considered as deemed or under section 3 of UGC act 1956.
Applying for RAS exams
- If you want to apply for the RAS exam, then you have to visit the recruitment portal available under the official website of the Rajasthan government and you will be allowed to apply once you complete the one-time registration.
- The application ID will be created after you fill out the application form and also pay the fees.
- The general category candidates can pay rupees 350 and OBC candidates should pay 250 while SC candidates can pay rupees 50 for the RAS exams.
- The RAS cut off marks differ every year and every category is allotted sir time marks so it will be easier for the students to acquire good marks.
Tips to prepare for PSC exams
- Starting your preparation for the RPSC exam, it is important to follow a few strategies that will definitely help you to do extremely well in the exam. Follow the below instructions to enhance your learning and also make sure you tag along with the tips to do well in the examination.
- The first step is to check out the syllabus completely and understand what are the important things that you have to focus on when it comes to the RPSC exam syllabus.
- The previous year question paper will come in hand to analyse whether the topics are essential for your preparation. For example, you can check the topics chapters that are continuously repeating in the RBSE examination. Moreover, the difficult level can also be evaluated using the RBSE exam question paper and you can prepare based on the levels.
- When you start studying for the examination, you can take notes simultaneously which will help you while you are in the last leg of preparation. The syllabus is vast and you might be lost while preparing so it’s better to note important points that will help you in the long run of RPSC exams.
- It is essential to follow the same book sincerely as RAS exam preparation kickstarts as it will be difficult if you keep on changing the books so it is better to pick a few books that you are going to use until you complete the preparation so choose the books properly.
- You need to enroll yourself in a regular test series. It is essential for any candidate to consistently evaluate their performance by taking up online test series available out there. By checking out their individual performance, candidates can definitely understand where they have to improve and put maximum effort into a subject that they are lagging behind.
- Candidates should also concentrate on writing practice as the mains exam is completely based on a descriptive pattern that incorporates short medium and long answers. To impress the evaluator you have to do your best while writing the examination so it is better to make use of the test series which will help you to enhance your performance.
- Important things that you have to practice or go through continuously is maths of Rajasthan India and the world map is also important. Several questions have been asked from the map section so it is better to be prepared for the questions by analyzing the maps in detail.
- you should also keep yourself updated regarding the current affairs both in the National level and international level all candidates should be well aware of the current happenings in the state of Rajasthan so they can easily answer the questions that are based on the current affairs at Rajasthan.
- You have to keep yourself busy in learning and ignore distractions such as smartphone streaming services and others. Make use of the time in a proper way to complete your preparation.
- Students might be stressed about the exam syllabus and they also have fear of facing the RPSC exam full stop power. It is essential for the students to face their fears and it is possible if they continue practicing every moment is important for students to complete theirs for PSC preparations.
Frequently asked questions regarding RAS exams
Ques. What is the salary of a RAS officer?
Ans. The salary of a RAS officer can vary from 33500 to 66000. For the post in Rajasthan administrative services, Rajasthan rural development services, Rajasthan Lekha seva, Rajasthan police service Rajasthan insurance service and Rajasthan women and child development service will have a pay scale of Rs.15600 to 39100.
The pay scale varies as per the post you take up and the state government and the salary will be a sum of basic pay grade pay and allowance and other elements as well.
If you are interested in taking up RAS exams, then you should initiate the preparations. Get ready to learn for the exams and kick start studying without worrying much.